Sunday, February 17, 2013

How Can It Happen? (Poem)


Prevent Another Death

Have we become so callous that we no longer are shocked at the atrocities surrounding us? More and more of our children are becoming victims of violent abductions and murders. Are we living in a naive world where we believe "It can't happen to me" until it does happen to you?

Before you send your children down the street to school tomorrow, please, think of what's out there and prepare them.

The Innocent

I'm living life and so enjoy! I do as I please with every boy.
I'm free to do what I want. I'm in great shape of which I flaunt.
Don't I look hot?

My school's just 'round the block. My friends are cool, they really rock.
My time alone walk leashed friend. My thoughts of dates and vibes they send.
I've never gone to second base.

I truly love my mom and dad. I know sometimes I make them sad.
I know they try to raise me right. I need my space way out of their sight.
Damnit, I'm growing up!

My life is now just beginning. My thoughts of love keep head swimming.
My needs of one to hold me near. No date for prom is my only fear.
Where's my soul mate?

Source: Microsoft Images

The Demented

I've followed you so many places. I blend so well among the faces.
I've watched you much but never seen. I'm familiar with your complete routine.
You're my next victim!

Your time to leave and your time at home. Your time to eat and your time to roam.
Your time to walk that ugly mutt. Your time to dance and shake your butt.
I know you so well.

I've seen your smile as you greet your friends. I've seen you yawn as your day ends.
I've seen you shop at the grocery store. Each time I've seen you I want to more.
You're what I seek.

You walk alone in a solemn daze. You notice not my twisted gaze.
Your doors at home you seldom lock. Your time is ending by my clock.
It's getting near.

I need to feel one so pure. I need to own and feel secure.
I have to quell this heated fire. I must sate my own desire.
It's becoming too much!

You think that life goes on and on. You tease me now with clothes you don.
You want to think that life is good. You believe in love as so you should.
But there's another side.

I have to act as it is time. I must remove you from life's rhyme.
I've done it now and feel fulfilled. I know it's just as Satan willed.
Now, on to the next!

Source: Stock Free Images

The Spirit

You took me from the land of living. You shred my heart from ever giving.
You ruined hopes and dreams for love. Now only blessing comes from above.

I can't relate to killing hate. I don't understand I tempted fate.
I was only living the life I knew. I only wanted each day brand new.

My life is over and it feels so wrong. And still you have your killing song.
One day you'll reap the pain you earn. No God's forgiveness just Hell's to burn.

Make him suffer, Lord...make him suffer!


Source: Microsoft Images

A Final Thought

Children are so unaware of the evils of man. It is a terrible reality that we must make them aware of them and provide a plan should they be approached.
They need be taught the standards:
  • 1) Don't Talk To Strangers,
  • 2) Never Approach or Get In A Car With Someone They Don't Know, and
  • 3) Always walk in pairs.
  • 4) If your child walks to schools, work with other parents in establishing "safe" houses along the route.
  • 5) Watch for strange vehicles driving slowly in your neighborhood.
  • 6) As your child grows into adulthood, be wary of Internet predators.
Bringing awareness may not make your concerns easier to live with, but it may keep your child among the living.
And that's simply a reality!
©Copyright RCRUMPLE2012. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment