Sunday, February 17, 2013

Writing Distractions: Don't Cha Jes Luv 'Em! (Humor)

Faletame ... In Younger Years

Getting Started

Writing is a bliss! There’s nothing I like more than to sit down (another one of my favorite activities), turn on the computer (not too difficult in itself), light a cigarette (okay, all you nonsmokers, I won’t blow my smoke in your face so please don’t blow your El Toro defecation in mine) and get the keys moving!
After going through 73 email notifications from Hub pages (Gee, three of them concerned my hubs!),you sign in to see the numbers on your profile picture have dropped two spots overnight (Completely understandable...NOT!)
An hour later, you’ve commented on everyone else’s hubs (checking hopefully along the way to see if anyone’s visited yours in the statistics area) and can turn off the web (after going to AOL to see what’s been happening overnight and Amazon MP3 Downloads to see if you want the cheap special of the day album).
By now, the water you have boiling for the instant coffee has long evaporated leaving only the chemicals in your water system staining the bottom of the pan. So, you fill it back up and patiently wait, and wait, and wait. Finally, your mix of coffee crystals and non dairy creamer receive the chemically improved water and you can get down to business!
Going back to your computer, the temptation to resist checking for comments to your hubs is just too great. You go back to the web, and then to email, and then to Hubpages just in case the email is slow in coming. Nothing yet. So, you can now leave and get started. But wait, you’ve just become a member of a group of writers on Facebook. Time to go there and check out what they’ve been doing. To do otherwise would simply be rude!
“Yes, I’ll give you some loving.” My cat demands attention. He loves to stand on his hind legs, stretch up, and tap my left forearm with his left paw. Faletame…(That’s his name. All my past cats have been named after Greeks or Romans, alphabetically. When I hit “F” with his acquisition, I was stumped. The only thing I could come up with sounded like an act of oral sex. Then, one day, listening to Sly & the Family Stone, it hit me…“Thank you faletinme be mice elf again“. That was it! I wasn’t Roman or Greek, but it sure sounded that way!! Fa-let-a-me! By jove, old chap, I think you’ve got it!)…anyway, Faletame thinks he’s a dog. He growls when someone comes to the door, thrives on fetching a stuffed mouse, and loves to have his stomach rubbed! All the benefits of a dog without having to take it for a walk twenty times a day!
Thirty minutes later, with all obligations behind you, it’s now time to start. Of course, the coffee is now cold and you need a new pack of cigarettes (I’m talking to the smokers here, back off!). So, it’s off to boil more water, out to the car to get a new pack from the glove compartment (I keep them there so I can get my daily exercise), back to mix a new cup of coffee, and now, finally, you’re ready to get started!

Bikini Time!  Okay, a little eye candy for the guys.  Sorry ladies!
Bikini Time! Okay, a little eye candy for the guys. Sorry ladies!
Telemarketing:  The Career Of Those Who Cannot Speak Any Language Properly
Telemarketing: The Career Of Those Who Cannot Speak Any Language Properly
I'd like to say a silhouette of my wife.  If my wife was photographed as a silhouette, we'd be looking at total darkness.
I'd like to say a silhouette of my wife. If my wife was photographed as a silhouette, we'd be looking at total darkness.

Getting Down To Business

It is now decision making time. What project do I complete first? Do I want to write a poem with a message, or cover a topic that’s been covered 3,267 times? I’m not an original recipe person(I’d rather take someone else’s, experiment, and tell my wife I came up with it on my own.), nor do I want to spend my time trying to decipher web articles in order to see if they’re truthful or filled with discrepancies (No! Not untruths on the web!). Gossip isn’t my cup of tea (although I’ll admit to viewing most articles with “Bikini” in the title link.), and I’m becoming too much of a cynic on Political and Social issues. Guess it’s time to make something up!
“Hello! No, I’m not interested in combining all my credit cards. By the way, is your company familiar with the Federal No Calls List? Goodbye.”
So, do I go to my unfinished book and work on it or do I come up with something by the seat of my pants (I can’t say that literally because sweats have become the norm since my blue jeans don’t have a stretch waist.) Let’s do something new! Now, what can I come up with?
“No, I didn’t know Amanda wasn’t coming over Sunday. What’s wrong with her? Okay, so she’d rather take the kids to a tractor pull than visit us? God, where did we go wrong? Makes you feel like a proud parent, doesn’t it honey? Yeah, I’m writing. Okay, go ahead and vacuum. Just let me know when I need to move out of the way.”
Now, where was I? Oh yeah, I was going to make up something to write about.
Hmmm, I wonder what it could be?

A Final Word

Whatever your distractions, never give up. Drink enough coffee, take up smoking, make conversations with others short, and get down to business.
By the way, did you see what Kim K. did last weekend?

Personal Disclaimer

In no way does this article advocate smoking or caffeine usage. You have the right to kill yourself in whatever means you please. If you choose not to smoke, that is your right. If you choose not to partake of caffeine, that, too, is your choice. It is my wish for you to have a long and wonderful life. -- Rich Rumple
©Copyright RCRUMPLE2012. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment